Stud Welder BMS-8N / NV
Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder BMS-8N / NV
Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder BMS-8N / NV
The new BMS-8N SOYER stud welder with microprocessor control is a top-quality product meeting highest requirements due to operating convenience, low weight, high efficiency, compact design and absolute safety. One of the remarkable features of the BMS-8N stud welder is its very favourable price/efficiency ratio.
This tried and tested type of stud welder meets the strictest requirements. It is high performing, has a compact design and guarantees absolute safety.
1. Equipped with microprocessor control
2. Self-monitoring of all important functions and self- protection against overcharge
3. Suitable for gap and contact welding
4. Simplest operation due to infinitely bidirectional regulation of charging voltage by means of keys
5. Novel “charging circuit” (Pat. No. 199 15 396.5) allowing very high welding sequences during continuous application
6. Precise digital display of charging voltage
7. Table at the front panel showing standard values for different stud diameters
8. onitoring of all functions through a clearly arranged display panel
9. High capacity reserves in borderline cases and in the case of difficult welding tasks
10. No negative impairment in case of mains voltage fluctuations (-10/+15%)
|Model||BMS-8N / NV|
|Welding range||M3 – M8 or Ø 2 – 8 mm with BMS-8N,|
M3 – M10 or Ø 2 – 9 mm with BMS-8NV
|Material||Steel, stainless steel, aluminium and brass|
(M8 or Ø 8 in aluminium and brass conditionally,
depending on the respective requirements)
|Standard gun||PS-1K positioning welding gun|
|Power source||Capacitor battery|
|Charging capacity||66 000 μF (option 99 000 μF with BMS-8NV)|
|Charging voltage||50 – 200 V, infinitely variable up/down|
|Welding time||0.001 – 0.003 seconds|
|BMS-8N: Ø 3 mm up to 20 studs/min | |
Ø 6 mm up to 10 studs/min
(BMS-8NV: Ø 3 mm up to 20 studs/min |
Ø 8 mm up to 7 studs/min)
|Mains supply||115/230 V, 50/60 Hz, 16/10 AT|
|Welding cable||3 m highly flexible|
|Earth cable||2 x 3 m highly flexible|
|Dimensions||300 x 120 x 320 mm (w x h x d)|
|Colour||RAL 5009 azure-blue|
* Subject to technical changes
What Is Stud Welding?
Stud welding allows metal fasteners such as weld studs, weld pins and tapped studs, to be welded onto another metal object using an arc at lightning speed. An arc is produced between the end of the stud and the surface of the workpiece, melting both parts. The stud is then forged into the molten pool. The material solidifies and the stud is welded. The weld is uniform and has complete fusion across the flange. As the whole surface of the weld stud is joined with the workpiece, the resulting weld joint is stronger than the stud or parent material.
Since no holes are punched in the sheet, the workpiece is not weakened and corrosion problems are minimized. When welding the stud, access is only required from one side which means that component handling is considerably facilitated, especially as regards establishing an earth connection.
This absolutely leakproof, hole-free and decorative joining technique is used in many everyday objects and facilitates their handling. Be it coffee machines, cooking pots, flat irons, steam cookers or even in vehicles and roofing – many things would be impossible without stud welding.
With the development of the patented “SRM Technology®” procedure (patent no. 10 2004 051 389) it has even been possible to replace many areas of glueing, riveting, punching and drilling.
1. Wide range of use from Ø 2 mm up to Ø 25 mm
2. Complete fusion, hence high strength
3. Weldable even on thin sheet metal
4. No or only very little reverse marking
5. No changes in material such as deformation or distortion
6. No drill holes required, hence no leaking
7. Corrosion problems can be minimized
8. Access to parts only required from one side
9. Various material combinations possible
10. No time and cost consuming preparatory and finishing works necessary
11. Fast and easy operation ensure high productivity
12. Can be easily automated with standard weld studs
Details Of Capacitor Discharge Stud Welding
With Tip Ignition
Capacitor discharge stud welding has been successfully used for many years all over the world. It allows weld studs with a maximum diameter of M12 to be welded. The welding process is executed by discharging the capacitor battery within a fraction of a second from 1 – 3 ms (0.001 – 0.003 sec.) using the welding element’s ignition tip.
This procedure has proven invaluable especially in vehicle construction, sheet metal forming and decorative metal design.
The stud tip comes into contact with the work-piece. The arc is initiated.
The ignited arc produces a thin melting zone on the stud and workpiece.
The stud is immersed in the weld pool. The material solidifies and the stud is welded.
Welcome to HEINZ SOYER BOLZENSCHWEISSTECHNIK GMBH
We Make Stud Welding Simple
We are a medium-sized enterprise and have been specialists in the field of high-speed fastening technology for over 46 years. We offer high product quality and high-performance stud welding products from a single source and have been awarded numerous prizes and certifications. Rest assured that you are in safe hands.
We provide everything the world of stud welding technology has to offer. Everything straight from the manufacturer: portable mini stud welding equipment, matching welding guns and welding heads as well as large scale high-tech CNC stud welding machines. To ensure product safety and quality, our product range also encompasses welding studs & welding elements manufactured at our own local production site: Fast. Safe. Reliable.
The Soyer Company History
Heinz Soyer GmbH was founded in Planegg near Munich on 1 January 1970 by Helga and Heinz Soyer. In 1986, the first corporate building was constructed and the company relocated to Wörthsee-Etterschlag. Over the years four further commercial buildings were constructed.
For over 45 years, Heinz Soyer Bolzenschweißtechnik GmbH has specialized in the development, manufacturing, sale and servicing of stud welding equipment and machines together with the accompanying welding studs. SOYER products have won numerous national and international awards and prizes. Our company is comprehensively certified and our manufacturing locations are consistently monitored. All SOYER welding studs manufactured in house are supervised in accordance with the Ü-certification (Ü mark of conformity), are approved by the German Institute of Building and Construction Engineering and monitored by the GSI SLV-Munich.
With SOYER you can rest assured that you are in safe hands!