Stud Welder BMK-12W
Short-cycle Drawn Arc Stud Welder BMK-12W
Short-cycle Drawn Arc Stud Welder BMK-12W
This tried and tested stud welder offers versatility and easy operation. It is operated via display and all important welding parameters can be adjusted using just 4 keys.
1. Extremely simple operator guidance via membrane keyboard and display
2. Preweld current time and welding time variably adjustable
3. Integrated inert gas operation mode variably adjustable
4. Fully portable and ideal for mobile application
5. Option for semi-automatic and fully automatic stud feed
6. LED display panel with control function of all operational states
7. Table at the front panel showing standard values for all common stud types and diameters
8. Self-protecting device in case of excess temperature or excessive welding sequence
9. Interface for signal interchange with other external controls
The high technical comfort of the BMK-12W stud welder is due to the adjustability of important welding parameters. It is operated via membrane keyboard and display. (For innovative special features, please see over).
Innovative Special Features of the BMK-12W Stud Welder
The BMK-12W SOYER stud welder with outstanding quality and performance features represents the current and future state of stud welding technology.
The all-digital stud welder with computer intelligence guarantees absolutely uniform and reproducible functional sequences for optimum welding results.
The modular construction in useful and easy-to-service compact housing, the modern design and progressive technology provide the SOYER stud welder with its unique appearance.
The BMK-12W stud welder is universally applicable and combines 3 different stud welding methods in a sturdy compact case:
1. Drawn arc stud welding
2. Stud welding with protective gas
3. Short-cycle drawn arc stud welding
Additional performance features of the BMK-12W stud welder include:
1. Development and production fulfil all prescribed safety targets such as
– the latest safety and accident prevention regulations (Act on the Safety of Technical Working Equipment)
– electromagnetic compatibility (EMC Act)
– European regulations (EU Directives on Machinery)
2. Certificate proof of mentioned safety targets
3. Simplest operator guidance via highly sophisticated membrane keyboard with clear symbols for all necessary parameter inputs
4. GS/CE/S emblem for verified safety
5. Shielding gas preflow time variably adjustable
6. Preweld current time variably adjustable
7. Welding time variably adjustable
8. Integrated gas operating facilities
9. Easy to carry and ideal for mobile application
10. Optional simple and low-cost retrofitting possibility with an automatic module for semi- and fully automatic stud feed
11. Interface for signal interchange with external controls
12. LED display panel with control function of all operational states
13. Integrated self-protecting device in case of excess temperature or excessive welding sequence
14. Computer check on operability and simulated program run of all setting parameters on stud welder and gun without welding current
15. New abrasionproof, scratch-resistant and antisoiling plastic film coating on the front panel to protect all inscriptions even after many years of use
16. Table on the front panel indicating standard values for all common stud types and diameters
17. Operating range with short-cycle drawn arc welding: M3 – M12 RD or Ø 2 – 11 mm
18. Operating range with shielding gas operation: M3 – M12 RD or Ø 2 – 11 mm
19. Operating range with drawn arc welding: M3 – 12 RD or Ø 2 – 11 mm
|Welding range||M3 – M12 RD or Ø 2 – 11 mm,|
steel, stainless steel and heat-resistant steel
(brass and aluminium conditionally,
depending on the respective requirements)
|Welding current||800 A|
|Welding time||1 – 1000 ms with stud welding|
|Welding sequence||Ø 3 mm up to 30 studs/min ||
Ø 11 mm up to 3 studs/min
|Mains supply||3 x 400 V, 50/60 Hz, 32 AT,|
other voltage on request
|Dimensions||360 x 325 x 500 mm (w x h x d)|
Integrated protective gas operating facilities and optional equipment for semi- and fully automatic stud feed
Subject to technical changes
What Is Stud Welding?
Stud welding allows metal fasteners such as weld studs, weld pins and tapped studs, to be welded onto another metal object using an arc at lightning speed. An arc is produced between the end of the stud and the surface of the workpiece, melting both parts. The stud is then forged into the molten pool. The material solidifies and the stud is welded. The weld is uniform and has complete fusion across the flange. As the whole surface of the weld stud is joined with the workpiece, the resulting weld joint is stronger than the stud or parent material.
Since no holes are punched in the sheet, the workpiece is not weakened and corrosion problems are minimized. When welding the stud, access is only required from one side which means that component handling is considerably facilitated, especially as regards establishing an earth connection.
This absolutely leakproof, hole-free and decorative joining technique is used in many everyday objects and facilitates their handling. Be it coffee machines, cooking pots, flat irons, steam cookers or even in vehicles and roofing – many things would be impossible without stud welding.
With the development of the patented “SRM Technology®” procedure (patent no. 10 2004 051 389) it has even been possible to replace many areas of glueing, riveting, punching and drilling.
1. Wide range of use from Ø 2 mm up to Ø 25 mm
2. Complete fusion, hence high strength
3. Weldable even on thin sheet metal
4. No or only very little reverse marking
5. No changes in material such as deformation or distortion
6. No drill holes required, hence no leaking
7. Corrosion problems can be minimized
8. Access to parts only required from one side
9. Various material combinations possible
10. No time and cost consuming preparatory and finishing works necessary
11. Fast and easy operation ensure high productivity
12. Can be easily automated with standard weld studs
Details Of Drawn Arc Stud Welding
With Ceramic Ferrule Or Shielding Gas
Drawn arc stud welding is a welding procedure for maximum loads. It enables welding of weld fasteners measuring between 6 mm and 25 mm in diameter. The entire welding process is controlled and monitored by an electronic power source.
This procedure creates high-quality welded connections and has proven invaluable in steel construction, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, construction of prefabricated parts made from reinforced concrete, door and window construction, structural and civil engineering, fixture and pipeline construction.
The stud tip is placed into contact with the workpiece.
The stud lifts to a pre-set height. The arc is ignited.
The stud is immersed in the weld pool. The material solidifies and the stud is permanently welded.
Welcome to HEINZ SOYER BOLZENSCHWEISSTECHNIK GMBH
We Make Stud Welding Simple
We are a medium-sized enterprise and have been specialists in the field of high-speed fastening technology for over 46 years. We offer high product quality and high-performance stud welding products from a single source and have been awarded numerous prizes and certifications. Rest assured that you are in safe hands.
We provide everything the world of stud welding technology has to offer. Everything straight from the manufacturer: portable mini stud welding equipment, matching welding guns and welding heads as well as large scale high-tech CNC stud welding machines. To ensure product safety and quality, our product range also encompasses welding studs & welding elements manufactured at our own local production site: Fast. Safe. Reliable.
The Soyer Company History
Heinz Soyer GmbH was founded in Planegg near Munich on 1 January 1970 by Helga and Heinz Soyer. In 1986, the first corporate building was constructed and the company relocated to Wörthsee-Etterschlag. Over the years four further commercial buildings were constructed.
For over 45 years, Heinz Soyer Bolzenschweißtechnik GmbH has specialized in the development, manufacturing, sale and servicing of stud welding equipment and machines together with the accompanying welding studs. SOYER products have won numerous national and international awards and prizes. Our company is comprehensively certified and our manufacturing locations are consistently monitored. All SOYER welding studs manufactured in house are supervised in accordance with the Ü-certification (Ü mark of conformity), are approved by the German Institute of Building and Construction Engineering and monitored by the GSI SLV-Munich.
With SOYER you can rest assured that you are in safe hands!